If you have never heard of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, the company has been around since the late 1990s providing protection for both home and business PCs. In recent years, Kaspersky has expanded into different levels of PC protection offered at various price points.
If you are having difficulty choosing an antivirus program to protect your personal PC, in this article we will review and summarize Kaspersky Antivirus to provide you with the basic information you need to know.
Top Features of Kaspersky
Kaspersky is offered in two categories of protection which include complete protection and standard protection. Under each of these categories are two different products.
In the complete protection category is Kaspersky Internet Security-Multi-Device and Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security. In the standard protection category is Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and Kaspersky Antivirus 2014.
All four Kaspersky packages include the following top features:
- Antivirus and anti-spyware protection in real-time.
- Detection and removal of unknown malicious files with rollback capability for any malicious activity.
- Exploit prevention protects PC vulnerabilities against potential hacker exploits.
- Use of the cloud and your PC to provide hybrid protection for files and data.
- Identity protection against phishing attacks and exploits.
- Access to free tech support and sales support 24/7.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
Other top features that are exclusive to specific editions of Kaspersky include:
- Data protection when conducting financial transactions online.
- Parental controls that block questionable websites and other content.
- Two-way firewall protection that monitors incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Password protection, automatic data backup, cloud storage, and encryption services.
- Antivirus protection for tablet PCs and smartphones.
- Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device provides antivirus and anti-malware protection for Mac PCs.
Pros and Cons of Kaspersky Antivirus
A primary feature of Kaspersky Anti-Virus is the new interface which offers a clean design making all features easy to locate, including the status of your PC’s protection.
The antivirus application also offers a nice package of extras including a vulnerability scanner, rescue disk, privacy cleaner, and virtual keyboard that provides protection against keyloggers.
A few of the drawbacks of using Kaspersky is that all versions are paid editions with the absence of a free antivirus option. Additionally, Kaspersky has been known to display false positives when you boot up your PC with Windows.
In terms of pricing, Kaspersky offers prices for Single, or multiple devices and one-year, two-year or three-year subscription.
- $39.99 For 3 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $59.95 For 3 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $119,98 For 3 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $179,97 For 3 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
- $79,99 For 5 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $159,98 For 5 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $239,97 For 5 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
Kaspersky Internet Security
- $59.95 For 1 Device, 1 Year Subscription
- $79.95 For 3 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $159,98 For 3 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $239,97 For 3 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
- $89,99 For 5 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $179,98 For 5 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $269,97 For 5 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
Kaspersky Total Security
- $26,50 For 1 Device, 1 Year Subscription
- $99.95 For 5Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $199,98 For 5 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $299,97 For 5 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
- $149,99 For 10 Devices, 1 Year Subscription
- $299,98 For 10 Devices, 2 Years Subscription
- $449,97 For 10 Devices, 3 Years Subscription
Depending upon the edition you purchase, Kaspersky is meant to be used with both Windows and Mac PCs. Plus, the extra features make Kaspersky a fairly decent PC protection package for the price.
Click Here to Register for Kaspersky Antivirus
How does Kaspersky compare to other antiviruses?
- Best in class malaware protection
- Simple to use
- Multiple price points
- Not as impressive as last year
- Could use some additional features